A well prepared cover letter will make a good impression and increase the interest of potential employers. While composing a cover letter, keep in mind the following:
- The length of a cover letter should not exceed one page
- Send your application to the person specified in the job advert
- State clearly the position you are applying for and where you saw the advertisement
- Indicate why you consider yourself a worthy candidate for this job
- Also say how your experience can benefit the employer
- Provide information relevant to the vacancy that is not reflected in your CV
- End your cover letter positively
If you prepare your cover letter in a text editor, make sure the spell checker is enabled. The recipient will definitely notice all spelling mistakes in your letter. Also pay attention to the design of your cover letter. A clear and properly worded cover letter is pleasant to read for the potential employer.
Attach your CV to the cover letter, your CV contains your personal information and details about your education and work experience. If not explicitly required, do not attach copies of diplomas. If you are invited for an interview, it is recommended that you take copies with you then.